Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The Tesla Network - How Would You Participate?

Would you drive or ride in a human driven Tesla Network car that you order through the Tesla app?

• Yes, I own a Tesla and would drive and ride.

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • Yes (sort of), I own a Tesla and would drive but not ride.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes (sort of), I own a Tesla and would ride but not drive.

Votes: 8 34.8%
  • Yes (sort of), I don't own a Tesla but would ride.

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • No, I own a Tesla and wouldn't participate in any way.

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • No, I don't own a Tesla and wouldn't participate in any way.

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • (Wildcard) - I don't own a Tesla but would buy one solely to participate in the Tesla Network.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Perhaps I would ride when traveling if I wasn't driving my own Tesla. (However, in forty years--twenty of which involved extensive traveling--I've used a taxi less than a dozen times.) I don't see how using the car to drive could possibly pay enough to make it worth while. Insurance, plus depreciation, plus maintenance, plus tires, plus electricity, plus my time for something like $20/hr doesn't add up to me.

I signed up to drive for Uber years ago, not to make money but to EVangelize Tesla. Never drove once. Our kids were in their teen years, didn't want to be away from them driving other people around town. But perhaps if I had driven some I'd have more referrals...

However, I think I'd drive for the Tesla Network on a limited basis. And certainly would start with its rideshare app first as a rider and only shift to Uber or Lyft if a Tesla was too far away for a timely pickup.

Last edited: