Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The threshold of forward collision warning seems to be intentionally lowered to increase insurance fee

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What do you mean
You seemed to have made the statement in general, "increase insurance fee"
The ONLY company, AFAIK, that looks at that is Tesla's insurance.

So that's why I ask. I have no idea why forward collision warning in the car would impact my insurance.

Did you check your settings to see if it changed? If you don't like it, I think that you can disable it.

You seemed to have made the statement in general, "increase insurance fee"
The ONLY company, AFAIK, that looks at that is Tesla's insurance.

So that's why I ask. I have no idea why forward collision warning in the car would impact my insurance.

Did you check your settings to see if it changed? If you don't like it, I think that you can disable it.
Can’t disable, only turn off audible notification. Your personal Tesla insurance will still be dinged as FCWs still do their thing whether you hear them or not.

We’ve been struggling with our MY going crazy on FCWs since a software update around Feb 20. She drives like a granny and has held a 99-100 safety score for nearly a year, until Feb 21 when her FCWs went through the roof with literally no cars around to trigger. She’s now gone from a 99 to a 93 in 6 days of driving.

So yes OP, something stinks with this FCW and the Tesla insurance.

Can’t disable, only turn off audible notification. Your personal Tesla insurance will still be dinged as FCWs still do their thing whether you hear them or not.

We’ve been struggling with our MY going crazy on FCWs since a software update around Feb 20. She drives like a granny and has held a 99-100 safety score for nearly a year, until Feb 21 when her FCWs went through the roof with literally no cars around to trigger. She’s now gone from a 99 to a 93 in 6 days of driving.

So yes OP, something stinks with this FCW and the Tesla insurance.

Or, maybe, just maybe, it's because the forward collision warning software is flaky.