Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Forward Collision Warning will not turn off

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's no mystery that Forward Collision Warning is way too sensitive. There are some roads I drive on frequently that trigger it fairly consistently just from a curve. However, I have noticed that even when selecting Off for the setting, I am still getting the errant warnings. Why is this? I shouldn't get ANY warnings if it is turned off. Is anyone else experiencing this?

I have the collision warning set to Late, and it doesn't nag often. I understand if you are driving a road frquently that sets it off, I'd also turn it off. However, you might need to disable Auto Emergency Braking to stop getting warnings. Also, perhaps the warning occurs without any action taken even with all these protection devices turned off. Joe mode may stop the warnings, but I don't know. -- just some thoughts.

Upvote 0
You should be able to turn it off, I believe I did. When you use Autopilot it temporarily resets to on I think, along with other warnings. Using the blinker to change lanes keeps those things on. They seem to lag for a little while after turning off Autopilot as well. Maybe that's what making you think they cannot be turned off?

Upvote 0