Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Theft alarm

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well I found it funny but the wife didn’t! Recently my wife stayed in the car while I went into our hotel to check in, with phone in pocket. My wife decided to come into the lobby to see what was taking so long. As soon as she tried to open the door the radio went full blast, horn started blasting and the car began to vibrate. A very effective theft deterrent. I was impressed my wife not so much.

• Funny
Reactions: Chronic and Sherlo
hmm, good reminder to turn off 'auto lock' during service.

Yeah... I was just outside the bay but far enough that it locked. They all lost their collective you know what so then when I came down I Summoned it out and they again lost it so I made it drive around the building to the front door. Amazingly it all worked first time and I lost my ever loving you know what that it actually worked. A big day for everyone

Lol. Yeah actually it was The Toccata and Fugue in D Minor by Johann Sebastian Bach. But it does conjure up images of old monster movies. Lol

I’m apparently not cultured enough to know it was Bach and didn’t go research it either. I don’t know if it was “enough” though, I’d almost prefer some stupid EDM or Metallica but I suppose it did turn heads which is what you want in the end.

The bass low D in the Fugue is at 37 hertz, which is probably the source of the rattle. (Also the octave above at double that, which is 73 hertz, but we normally hear that as all tone and no vibration.)

Some pipe organs can go down to 18 hertz. A select few, like the famous Boardwalk Hall Pipe Organ, can go down to 9 hertz on the low D. That requires a closed-end pipe of about 60 feet. (Or 120 feet open-ended.)

• Informative
Reactions: 5_+JqckQttqck