Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

There is a Yellow Roadster for Sale in Vancouver

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

wayner

Oct 29, 2014
Toronto
I just happened to do a search on AutoTrader for Roadsters and I happened to see that there is one for sale in Vancouver for about $100k. It looks in very good shape with only 12,000km. I don't know how long it has been up for sale.

Anyone know how many there would be in Canada these days? Weren't there about 50 sold here - there would have been a few lost in collisions and maybe a few imports from the US.

Anyone know how many there would be in Canada these days? Weren't there about 50 sold here - there would have been a few lost in collisions and maybe a few imports from the US.
Don't know how accurate, but Fleetcarma's 2016 EV report shows 53 Roadsters in Canada / 9 in BC (I assume these numbers are for registered owners?). If you dig out their 2015 report, by comparison there were about double that in 2015

Personally I think I've seen 2 different Roadsters around town here

Low 50's.
Any guess as to how many are still alive, other than yours?:)
The Lawrence SC had a Very Orange one that was owned by Tesla but they sold that off a year or so ago. Two years ago I got it as a loaner while my winter tires were being replaced with summer tires.

Regarding the Fleetcarma report - isn't that based on sales rather than registrations? If so they would have no idea how many have been totalled. I think their 2015 report had a spreadsheet error where they doubled the number of Roadsters in each province as it is exactly 2X the number that you see for 2016.
2015 Report:
EVsales_Dec2015_TableSummaryByProvinceAndModel_R2.png

2016 Report:
total-canadian-ev-fleet-2016-final.jpg

2015 report is dead wrong. I think they double-counted the Roadsters somehow. 54 for Ontario is a good number for all of Canada.

Nor do I believe the 2016 report. That's far too few.

If the Fleetcarma report is based on sales, and Roadsters have been out of production since 2012... are these are registrations of used cars? If that's the case then the entire report is built on quicksand and can't be trusted to be even grossly correct.

IIRC there were two Canadian Roadsters known to be totaled, and both were replaced. There could be others... but surely not a large percentage of the fleet.

Those FleetCarma tables are the total fleet, not the sales. I am guessing that this is calculated as cumulative historical sales. Assuming that the 2016 report is correct then that would imply that there are 53 Roadsters in Canada which seems to jive with your (Doug_G) estimate.

It is interesting that the Leaf has sold so many more units in QC vs ON. I wonder if that is due to incentives? There are more than twice as many Leafs on the road in QC than Model S's where in ON there are more than 2.3X as many Model S's than Leafs. But that has nothing to do with Roadsters.