Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Thinking of painting my rims in Sonic Carbon color, anyone seen that?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good afternoon guys, I have a 2021 Model 3 LR with 19' rims. I'm thinking of painting my rims in Sonic Carbon color, but as I haven't seen any car like mine with that configuration I'm in doubt. I can only find the previous version of the model 3 with 20' rims in that color. Does anyone here have the 19' rims of the 2021 model in that color? Thanks.

Attachments

• 87CEE409-626E-4BAB-A603-DDD29932787B.jpeg
    87CEE409-626E-4BAB-A603-DDD29932787B.jpeg
    799 KB · Views: 207
Good afternoon guys, I have a 2021 Model 3 LR with 19' rims. I'm thinking of painting my rims in Sonic Carbon color, but as I haven't seen any car like mine with that configuration I'm in doubt. I can only find the previous version of the model 3 with 20' rims in that color. Does anyone here have the 19' rims of the 2021 model in that color? Thanks.
I saw a 2021+ Model 3 on here once with the newer 19" wheels painted something dark, darker than Sonic Carbon. Might have been a gloss black, or if not then a very dark gray. They looked surprisingly good, much better than in their normal aluminum finish.

Unfortunately I doubt I can find the pic. It was a while ago and I don't remember at all what the thread or context was.

I bet those 19" wheels would look better in Sonic Carbon too. 👍 It's a nice wheel color and pretty much always looks good on Tesla wheels in my opinion.

I have a 22’s LR with 20’s 19” sport wheels (I exchanged my aeros for those). Planning to paint it this weekend with plastidip‘s metal anthracite, it’s the closer color to the stock Sonic carbon (Gun Metal) I was able to find. I’ll share the results next week