Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Thinking of Preordering TSportline 20" TS5 w/ X-Ice. Anyone else?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You're right, but it's slim pickings. I can't find a good place that has the option to select Model Y in any configuration. It's just too early I guess. The thing that sold me was both the ease of it all, and the fact that I really like how the wheel looks on a MY.

That all being said, what websites already allow you to shop by a Model Y car?

Tirerack.com and CarID.com
If you are shopping for new wheels and tires then you just need to look at the bolt pattern as the most important number which is 5x114.3 and offset +40 to +50 (stock is +45)

If you are buying wheels only and will use the stock tires then you should follow the spec of your stock wheels (19" or 20" x9.5)

I will be replacing my gemini wheels with this when I get mine MY
19x9.5 Inch Savini Black Di Forza BM15 Gloss Black (True Directional) (Concave) Wheels

Tirerack.com and CarID.com
If you are shopping for new wheels and tires then you just need to look at the bolt pattern as the most important number which is 5x114.3 and offset +40 to +50 (stock is +45)

If you are buying wheels only and will use the stock tires then you should follow the spec of your stock wheels (19" or 20" x9.5)

I will be replacing my gemini wheels with this when I get mine MY
19x9.5 Inch Savini Black Di Forza BM15 Gloss Black (True Directional) (Concave) Wheels

crazy, I tried tirerack a couple weeks ago and got zero results, now there's a couple. CarID has a lot more, but they never seem to be able to pair them with the X-Ice.

I'll ask their customer service. It looks like there's a good looking wheel that's just about 1lbs. heavier, but saves me a grand. I'll look into it.

Thanks!

A note about those $4k TSportline wheels... they actually say forged compared to flow forged on the cheaper ones... that might be why they’re so expensive. However, it’s odd they’re so heavy then...

It looks like it's flow forged on the website. Maybe it changed back.

I talked to Elie at TSportline, and the pre-order won't be shipped until end of December. I think there was some issue with the shipping.

Either way, I switched my order to the TS115, actually the very first TY115 (for the MY). It'll be a 20", X-Ice Snow tires, matte black. I'll take some photos when they arrive. They're forged, which I'm guessing is better than flow forged and I'm guessing is done in-house so it'll be faster than waiting for the flow forged TS5. Should be here in a few weeks.