Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Third brake light problem

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can anyone see their third brake light reflecting off the rear windshield from the inside? I can and I don’t think your suppose too. I’ve been in a friends model 3 and I can’t see his. I have a 2020. I think they missed a piece. 60A7FB0F-89F5-41E6-ABB6-498F223BDA24.png

Can anyone see their third brake light reflecting off the rear windshield from the inside? I can and I don’t think your suppose too. I’ve been in a friends model 3 and I can’t see his. I have a 2020. I think they missed a piece.View attachment 514036
Can anyone see their third brake light reflecting off the rear windshield from the inside? I can and I don’t think your suppose too. I’ve been in a friends model 3 and I can’t see his. I have a 2020. I think they missed a piece.View attachment 514036

I had the same issue when they replaced my rear panoramic glass. The technician for some odd reason removed part of the foam strip that sits on top of what's called the rear tray package (speaker deck). When the foam is properly fitted against the glass it will block out any light bleeding from the 3rd brake light (center). They can easily resolve this for you at a local service center by adding an extra foam strip on top of the existing one. Adjusting the rear deck alone will not work. They attempted this on my car several times before realizing it was simply the foam.

• Informative
Reactions: bcpm3p