Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Those with MYP who carry heavier loads, and the wheels they use

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

I've read through as many threads as I could find about switching out the default set of wheels from the MYP for smaller diameter wheels and I keep getting caught on the lower load ratings for 18" wheels, with some exceptions, such as the MW03s. Many people here have opted for 750kg rated wheels, and I do see that it works for most normal loads. However, I'm installing both a roof rack as well as a tow hitch on my MYP and every year I go camping with the car loaded up to max cargo capacity. I put a decently sized roof box on top, and will be attaching a couple of bikes to the hitch.

For those MYP owners who have a similar load, have you found that 750kg rated wheels and tires is sufficient? My second plan is to buy a set of Geminis, since their load rating is excellent.

My 2020 MYP runs both stock 21” Überturbines in summer & 19” Geminis in winter due to the proper load ratings.

I carry bikes, pull a utility trailer, have a rack & rocket box… this car is my Swiss army car…

It wasn’t worth my troubles finding new rims, Bluetooth TPMS, load ratings… so I just stuck with stock rims.

Hi all,

I've read through as many threads as I could find about switching out the default set of wheels from the MYP for smaller diameter wheels and I keep getting caught on the lower load ratings for 18" wheels, with some exceptions, such as the MW03s. Many people here have opted for 750kg rated wheels, and I do see that it works for most normal loads. However, I'm installing both a roof rack as well as a tow hitch on my MYP and every year I go camping with the car loaded up to max cargo capacity. I put a decently sized roof box on top, and will be attaching a couple of bikes to the hitch.

For those MYP owners who have a similar load, have you found that 750kg rated wheels and tires is sufficient? My second plan is to buy a set of Geminis, since their load rating is excellent.
How much is the load rating of 19 inch Gemini wheels exactly? I am also want to use aftermarket wheels but they have 640kg load rating per wheel. But i am not planning to load much cargo or any extra weight on the car most of the time. Will i be OK?

My 2020 MYP runs both stock 21” Überturbines in summer & 19” Geminis in winter due to the proper load ratings.

I carry bikes, pull a utility trailer, have a rack & rocket box… this car is my Swiss army car…

It wasn’t worth my troubles finding new rims, Bluetooth TPMS, load ratings… so I just stuck with stock rims.
I want to use an aftermarket wheels with 640kg load rating on my MYP. Can i install my OEM 21 inch Uberturbine's BLE TPMS on the aftermatket wheels?