Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Thoughts on Model 3 being salvageable or totaled?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got into an accident yesterday, main damage is to the left front side of my car. Wheel is bent inward and not drivable. I couldn’t change gears to neutral or drive to help the towing process. AC stopped working due to electrical malfunction. Initial thoughts on the car being salvaged Vs totaled? It’s a model 3 2020.

Also, started the insurance claim (I have Tesla insurance) and next step is to pick the repair facility, Tesla Collision Center in Dallas doesn’t pull up as an option. I really don’t want to take my car to a Tesla approved shop. Anyone have information on the Dallas collision center and if they are not taking any new cars currently?

Attachments

• IMG_3942.jpeg
    IMG_3942.jpeg
    621.9 KB · Views: 247
  • IMG_3943.jpeg
    IMG_3943.jpeg
    582.9 KB · Views: 174
  • IMG_3945.jpeg
    IMG_3945.jpeg
    602.8 KB · Views: 176
  • IMG_3951.jpeg
    IMG_3951.jpeg
    684.3 KB · Views: 164
  • IMG_3950.jpeg
    IMG_3950.jpeg
    615.4 KB · Views: 185
Initial thoughts on the car being salvaged Vs totaled? It’s a model 3 2020.

First of all, sorry for the troubles, and I trust that everyone is physically OK?

Our and your opinion does NOT matter.
The only thing that matters is the estimated cost of repairs, and your insurance company's determination of vehicle's market value. If cost of repairs approaches 60-80% of the value (threshold varies by insurance company), it will get totaled.

Also, started the insurance claim (I have Tesla insurance) and next step is to pick the repair facility, Tesla Collision Center in Dallas doesn’t pull up as an option. I really don’t want to take my car to a Tesla approved shop.

That's going to be a problem, since only Tesla approved body shops can get Tesla parts.
In other words, unapproved shops won't waste their time on a Tesla.

HTH,
a

I got into an accident yesterday, main damage is to the left front side of my car. Wheel is bent inward and not drivable. I couldn’t change gears to neutral or drive to help the towing process. AC stopped working due to electrical malfunction. Initial thoughts on the car being salvaged Vs totaled? It’s a model 3 2020.

Also, started the insurance claim (I have Tesla insurance) and next step is to pick the repair facility, Tesla Collision Center in Dallas doesn’t pull up as an option. I really don’t want to take my car to a Tesla approved shop. Anyone have information on the Dallas collision center and if they are not taking any new cars currently?
Do you mind sharing the outcome- was this repaired or totalled? If repaired how long did it take to repair. I have similar damage on my 2022 MY and waiting to hear from shop.