Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Thoughts on Replika R241 20x8.5 w/ 35" offset with Vredesteins, Goodyears or Michelin Pilot AS 3 or 4?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Apologies if this has been posted before but I tried searching for information on the R241 but most of what I've found is focused on the 18" or 19" R241 and typically as a winter setup. I live in the SF Bay Area so its dry most of the year with some rain and no snow. I head up to the mountains a few times a year but have a Lexus NX200 with AS tires and chains that I'll take up. I've been looking hard the Fast Wheels FC04 but think I'm going to go with the Replika R241 in the 20x8.5 +35 offset as it is closer to a Tesla stock look. Could the knowledgeable folks here answer these questions for me?

1 - Is the R241 in the 20x8.5 with 35 offset ok for the Model Y? Are there issues with this, does anyone see a problem with this setup? I know the wheel is a bit narrower than stock, which is what I wanted to limit curb rash but will that impact handling characteristics or safety? The 35 offset I think pushes the wheel out a bit more so its a bit more aggressive but will that impact range and if so, is it fairly minor?

2 - Given that I'm not planning on taking this up in the snow, I don't think I need the Vredsteins though they are great tires. I'm probably looking to maximize range/efficiency and wet traction - the stock goodyears are about $190/tire on tirerack and the Michellins, if I can find them are between 250-300 per tire. Do you have recommendations between these two or other tires that could fit the 20x8.5 that would maximize range and wet traction?

Much appreciated for any help and if you have pictures of your Y you can post with the R241 wheels in a 20x8.5 w/ 35 offset that would be great!