Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Thoughts on the Feasibility of OEM Automatic Frunk Retrofit?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Now that it seems an automatic opening / closing frunk is coming as factory equipment in the near future, anyone have any insight as to how feasible it may be to add this using OEM parts? The numerous aftermarket options out there have varying reliability (this is not intended to start a discussion about that). I plan on getting some version of auto frunk, but if it could be possible in the near future to do so with OEM parts I would certainly go that route.

Probably true. I'd like to go with the EVOffer kit and a few more of their items, but had a couple of questions I wanted to ask. I've messaged several times on Telegram which is their only customer service and haven't gotten any reply whatsoever. It's been 3 days. If anyone knows of an alternate contact method please share.

Now that it seems an automatic opening / closing frunk is coming as factory equipment in the near future, anyone have any insight as to how feasible it may be to add this using OEM parts? The numerous aftermarket options out there have varying reliability (this is not intended to start a discussion about that). I plan on getting some version of auto frunk, but if it could be possible in the near future to do so with OEM parts I would certainly go that route.

Probably close to zero, since powered trunks now come with model 3s from the factory, early ones did not, and there is no official retrofit from tesla on that either. That means there is precedent for "no not gonna do it" from Tesla on stuff like this, or said another way there is no precedent for "yep, we will do this" on it.

Probably true. I'd like to go with the EVOffer kit and a few more of their items, but had a couple of questions I wanted to ask. I've messaged several times on Telegram which is their only customer service and haven't gotten any reply whatsoever. It's been 3 days. If anyone knows of an alternate contact method please share.
aren't they a chinese company? I wouldn't count on a response. Just hit up Wilson at Parts3xpress he knows all about it. He's great. Does lots of installs here in Los Angeles