Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Thumping/rolling noise while turning?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi - I've had my car for about 10 months and recently started hearing and kind of feeling this thumping/rolling noise when I turn. It doesn't happen on EVERY turn, but probably 50-75% of the time and can happen on both slow and faster speed turns. It sounds and feels like it's coming from the front of the car, maybe close to underneath my feet? Here's a link to 3 videos I took trying to catch the noise:

I haven't gotten into any accidents and I feel 99% confident that I don't have anything rolling around inside that would stem from me (I have covers on the vents under the front seats). I have an appointment at the service center but they're telling me that it'll be a $250 diagnosis charge if it turns out that this issue wouldn't be covered under warranty. I'm trying to find out if anyone has experienced a similar noise (so far it seems like most people get higher pitched creaking instead) or has a good idea of what the problem might be so I can better decide if I should risk the diagnosis charge. Sound familiar to anyone?

That really sounds like a bottle rolling around under a seat, clanking into cables and stuff.
So I triple checked under my seats and still saw nothing, then decided to check the frunk as well just in case. I almost NEVER use the frunk so it didn't even occur to me that something might be in there, but I guess there's a metal tool thing that normally sits in a little slot inside? Anyway, that tool was loose and I'm pretty sure that's the culprit because I haven't heard/felt the noise since securing it back in its slot. I feel so dumb lol but glad that there's not a bigger issue!

Thanks everyone for your help and suggestions!

• Funny
Reactions: LoudMusic
Upvote 0
So I triple checked under my seats and still saw nothing, then decided to check the frunk as well just in case. I almost NEVER use the frunk so it didn't even occur to me that something might be in there, but I guess there's a metal tool thing that normally sits in a little slot inside? Anyway, that tool was loose and I'm pretty sure that's the culprit because I haven't heard/felt the noise since securing it back in its slot. I feel so dumb lol but glad that there's not a bigger issue!

Thanks everyone for your help and suggestions!

I was going to mention checking the frunk but assumed you would have already checked :D

Upvote 0
Hi - I've had my car for about 10 months and recently started hearing and kind of feeling this thumping/rolling noise when I turn. It doesn't happen on EVERY turn, but probably 50-75% of the time and can happen on both slow and faster speed turns. It sounds and feels like it's coming from the front of the car, maybe close to underneath my feet? Here's a link to 3 videos I took trying to catch the noise:

any update?

Upvote 0