Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Time for New Tires

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My little toy needs new tires. All suggestions needed :)
2014 P85

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    453.6 KB · Views: 117
I recently switched from the stock Goodyear's to the Michelin MXM4 Primacy. I normally swear by Michelin, but now my car has a harmonic whine at 80mph. Haven't had the opportunity to bring it back to see if it is the tires or something else.

I recently switched from the stock Goodyear's to the Michelin MXM4 Primacy. I normally swear by Michelin, but now my car has a harmonic whine at 80mph. Haven't had the opportunity to bring it back to see if it is the tires or something else.
I'm going to guess it is the tires. The only reason I say that is because I put those same tires on a model X and immediately noticed a loud whine at between about 75 mph and 80 mph. I went right back to the shop after about 50 miles on them and swapped for another brand that were quieter from the start. The exchange cost me $50 at the local Discount Tire. Maybe they would have become quieter after a little wear. I don't know. But since I am mostly interstate driving, that whine would have driven me nuts.

Looks like you have 21’s? I’d recommend the continental contisport w/foam. Much quieter than competition and handles very well. Comparing to Michelin Pilot Super sports w/same 21” and foam.