Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Timeline of Features/Packages/Changes

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can give you a quick rundown. all Model X's will have the self presenting doors IF they have the premium package equipped. After I believe July of 2017 the premium package was standard and the self presenting doors shipped on all cars. Starting around Mid 2017 they also went to the second gen flush falcon door switches, but any Model X can have that retrofitted from the old switches for about $130 at a service center. 60Kwh Model X's are very rare, so I wouldn't worry to much about getting one. I am not sure about a battery upgrade. Keep in mind also that the movable rear spoiler was present only on P90D Model X's and some very rare early non performance MX. As for the Seven seat model the fold flat 7 seat interior became available in that July 2017 product update. Anything else you wanted to know about? I suppose it is worth noting that all MX do have AP hardware installed.

• Informative
Reactions: P85_DA
Awesome!! What are the 2nd gen flush door handles?
Sorry I want more clear on that. I was referring to he interior buttons on the b pillar to activate the falcon wing doors. The early MX had toggle type switches that worked fine but were vulnerable to being broken off by overzealous kids. The second gen of he switches are flat and you push on the top or bottom to open/close the falcon door.

I can give you a quick rundown. all Model X's will have the self presenting doors IF they have the premium package equipped. After I believe July of 2017 the premium package was standard and the self presenting doors shipped on all cars. Starting around Mid 2017 they also went to the second gen flush falcon door switches, but any Model X can have that retrofitted from the old switches for about $130 at a service center. 60Kwh Model X's are very rare, so I wouldn't worry to much about getting one. I am not sure about a battery upgrade. Keep in mind also that the movable rear spoiler was present only on P90D Model X's and some very rare early non performance MX. As for the Seven seat model the fold flat 7 seat interior became available in that July 2017 product update. Anything else you wanted to know about? I suppose it is worth noting that all MX do have AP hardware installed.

Hi Jon, I’m looking at used/CPO 2016 Model X P90D’s. On the Tesla website, is there an easy way to know if it has self presenting doors? Was this standard on the performance costs?

Thanks!

Hi Jon, I’m looking at used/CPO 2016 Model X P90D’s. On the Tesla website, is there an easy way to know if it has self presenting doors? Was this standard on the performance costs?

Thanks!

Looks like its code X042.

Some of the inventory sites show tell you this, assuming they're right, on their car description - like this one.. its the last but one option. No idea how accurate these sites are as I think its partly guess work when working out the specification based on looking at lots of cars

Tesla Info: 2016 MX 90D listed at $70400