Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tint and clear wrap review

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Matt L

Jul 20, 2018
OK USA
EE52EA6E-019D-4F26-9A58-03E845C0209B.jpeg
AEBEB301-CFB9-4C3D-9D1B-80DCD61B2E08.jpeg

I just had my M3 tinted and clear wrapped at Detail Maniacs in Sacramento CA.

I did 30% Suntek Tint all the way around, including a 1 piece tint on the rear window. The rear is apparently challenging so they ended up redoing it on their own before I picked it up. Looks great now.

The clear is STek Dynoshield. They can install Xpel and SunTek also but highly recommend STek, so I went with that. I went with full front (bumper, hood, fenders, headlights and fog lights), both full pillars, side mirrors, rockers up to style line on the doors, bottom portions of rear bumper, and center console. Edges are wrapped to the max extent possible.

The quality of product and service has been very good. They provided a loaner and expect a follow on visit after a week to fully inspect the product. I don’t want to post the price because the deal I got may not be the deal you get so I don’t want to put Man (the owner) in a bad place. Let me just say it was extremely reasonable.

Detail Maniacs - highly recommend

The clear is STek Dynoshield. They can install Xpel and SunTek also but highly recommend STek, so I went with that. I went with full front (bumper, hood, fenders, headlights and fog lights), both full pillars, side mirrors, rockers up to style line on the doors, bottom portions of rear bumper, and center console. Edges are wrapped to the max extent possible.

Did they mention the advantages of STek Dynoshield vs Xpel ? How long did they need to keep your car for ?

I didn't realize there were two ppf/tint shops right next door to each other (Imperial Works and Detail Maniacs).

Did they mention the advantages of STek Dynoshield vs Xpel ? How long did they need to keep your car for ?

I didn't realize there were two ppf/tint shops right next door to each other (Imperial Works and Detail Maniacs).
Not really sure. Since this is fundamentally a technology, I’ll likely keep it till it’s obsolete. Hopefully it takes longer than an iPhone.

love the setup man, I just wish the model 3 had air suspension like the model s. just need to lower it just a little, not too much but just enough to close that gap a bit. but overall it looks good, makes my decision on the model s vs model 3 alittle harder

I'm currently looking into wrapping + tinting my Blue M3...I went to visit Detail Maniacs and they do great work, now I am trying to get an idea of was pricing is considered "reasonable"! I am looking forward to it, though!