Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tinting all windows but the windshield?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey all, I'm preparing to get some window tint for my model 3. One part that I'm hesitant to do is the windshield because of various reasons (the law, visual quality, those reg and toll stickers though that can be worked around). I'm only considering it because I do feel some heat in direct sunlight when driving. Has anyone else tinted virtually everything but the front windshield? How has it been, and did it still help with heat? Would you go back and add the windshield later?

When I got my 3 tinted, I asked about the windshield. They refused to do it, they didn't want to risk damaging the electronics under the dash. Which was OK with me. My main concern was getting the rear glass covered in one piece. They did all the side windows and the rear glass, but not the overhead roof glass. I do feel a reduction in heat, and it looks better too. When parked, I use a windshield screen.

The tint shop here in Vegas (SWAT Motorsports) recommended I go with a clear ceramic film on entire windshield. So now in the direct sun, one can actually feel Less heat coming thru windshield than thru even the factory tinted glass roof.

I don't know the actual cost of just the windshield tint as they bundled it into the ~$900 total price tag including all windows, plus 3M blackout of all trim (except back of trunk).