Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Exoshield Windshield protection film issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Dear All,

I am a new Model 3 member from Houston TX. I have a question on quality of Exoshield windshield protection film. I searched this forum and could not find a direct answer adn that is why I am posting. (I apologize if this has been addressed before.) I am considering geting Exoshield windshield protection fim installed on my windshield. In the price quote that I received, I see this statement in the fine print.
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ "LINE OF SIGHT IMPERFECTIONS. There will be minor imperfections present in every Windshield Protection Film installation. It is much more noticeable since it is in your direct line of sight. Windshield Protection Film will have a slight decrease in clarity, work marks and orange peel."
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

So, my questions for those who have Exoshield installed in their windshields,

(1) Do you have any imperfections?
(2) Do you see any decrease in clarity of the view? Any refractions etc?
(3) Since the installer heats up the wondshield in order to form the film, has anyone had any issues with the heat?

Thank you.

Not much help, but…

Hi - 2020 M3LR owner here - just moved from The Woodlands to Louisiana a few years ago.

We have the Exoshield on our M3 - installed by Proven Automotive in New Orleans. It is "bubbly" in spots when it is installed, but the bubbles go away after a few days.

Once the bubbles went away, we do not have any appreciable distortions in the field of view.

No issues with the windshield heating.

Overall, I'm happy with it! We replaced 3 windshields in 1 year, so we decided to give it a shot. Will definitely put it on our next car!

Reactions: jblack41510