Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tire Pressure for the Induction Wheels

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

spokey

Aug 8, 2020
Flagtown
The manual states -

NOTE: If your Model Y is fitted with Tesla accessory wheels or tires, some information may be different from the labels on the vehicle.

I have 20’’ Induction Wheels. So are those "accessory wheels"? Seems like any but the 19" would be. And what the hell? "some information may be different from the labels..."? So where do I find the proper tire pressure? And what other "some information" is there?

My take is that the manual is referring to wheels and/or tires that are not standard size. Maybe 18 or 21 inch wheels with tires of a different aspect ratio than standard, or a staggered setup with wider tires in the rear. Just guessing, but sounds logical to me.

I guess it's too early to see if 2 psi messes with the tire wear

234 is pretty good. I have go moderately carefully to get that.
Right. My monthly avg is 305 Wh/mi but it’s mostly highway.

I can report back in 1k mi on tire wear but I don’t think 5% drop is pressure would cause too much wear. But the tires are only 300 tread wear rated as well.

I have the LR MY with Induction wheels and sticker in driver door says 42psi recommended. But after taking my car to Tesla service last week, they inflated the tires to 45psi. I thought 45psi cold was too high and returned the pressure to 42psi. But the service invoice states that 45psi is "factory recommended". Any one have an explanation for the different recommendations??? I asked my service rep and waiting for their response but thought someone here would know before they get back. Thx!

Attachments

• IMG_9619.jpg
    IMG_9619.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 369
I have the LR MY with Induction wheels and sticker in driver door says 42psi recommended. But after taking my car to Tesla service last week, they inflated the tires to 45psi. I thought 45psi cold was too high and returned the pressure to 42psi. But the service invoice states that 45psi is "factory recommended". Any one have an explanation for the different recommendations??? I asked my service rep and waiting for their response but thought someone here would know before they get back. Thx!
This is probably a stupid question, but assuming most people don't have air compressor at home - so by the time you have driven to the nearest garage with a semi reliable coin operated compressor, surely your tires are now "hot". Do we park and wait till cold or reduce the 42 to 40 or 41 to compensate?