Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tire Rack Website Security Issue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

SabrToothSqrl

Dec 5, 2014
PA
So, some of you are tech people, and I'm also in the IT field, so I found this amusing, and obviously can't call them, but did email them about this. I'm sure they will brush me off. I don't have time to write a novel on why your website is broke. I don't think I've ever gotten any company to actually fix their site, even when it's so obviously broken.

If you go here:

and enter any 'syntax correct data', you get lots of fun data back.

Every-time you submit the form, you get someone else's name, email, phone number, etc. I'm sure you can piece the data together.

Try John Doe, 555-555-1212, and [email protected].

Anyone else think this is not only not working, but a HUGE FREAKING BREACH of security and TRUST?!

• Informative
Reactions: Abraham
I created an account to revel in this with you (2011 Acura TSX V6 owner here)
*Me staring at the CompTIA CASP+ certification hanging on my wall*
{ CALL :returnValue = sp_name:)param1, :param2, :param3,) GET ANY; WE DON'T CARE ABOUT SECURITY }

Seriously just going back and forth presents different results this is abhorrently bad in all ways bad.

What's worse is you posted your SITREP on 21JUN2023. It's currently 11JUL2023 and this is still happening. Oh. My. God.

Reactions: SabrToothSqrl
So, some of you are tech people, and I'm also in the IT field, so I found this amusing, and obviously can't call them, but did email them about this. I'm sure they will brush me off. I don't have time to write a novel on why your website is broke. I don't think I've ever gotten any company to actually fix their site, even when it's so obviously broken.

If you go here:

and enter any 'syntax correct data', you get lots of fun data back.

Every-time you submit the form, you get someone else's name, email, phone number, etc. I'm sure you can piece the data together.

Try John Doe, 555-555-1212, and [email protected].

Anyone else think this is not only not working, but a HUGE FREAKING BREACH of security and TRUST?!
Apparently, it's fake data, just to piss you off. Because clearly it doesn't actually serve any real purpose. Even after you do get to login, it's one of the absolute worst websites in existence.
I was able to confirm some actual people from the data presented; so more than likely was scraped data from a compiled advertisement list.