Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tire Size Performance Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just took delivery of my 2033 Performance Y. Was thinking of putting the 275x35x21 on the front and getting 295x35x21 for the rear. I heard this set up helps protect the rims from pot holes better. Has anyone done this and whats been your experience. Impact on range? Rim protection etc. tires are Michelin Pilot Sport 4 all season.

Just took delivery of my 2033 Performance Y. Was thinking of putting the 275x35x21 on the front and getting 295x35x21 for the rear. I heard this set up helps protect the rims from pot holes better. Has anyone done this and whats been your experience. Impact on range? Rim protection etc. tires are Michelin Pilot Sport 4 all season.

Any improvements in a car 10 years from the future?!? ;)

I can't give you specific answers, but I'll mention what I did.

I took off the factory MYP wheels and set them aside, while putting on a full set of Enkei PX-10 19"x8 +35 wheels with 255/45/19 Continental ExtremeContact DWS 06+.

I didn't really focus on range, but for the most part, they're about the same for me... someone that doesn't really care that much.

But I did make the change to minimize potholes and definitely to avoid more curb rash. I already curbed the original wheels. Rather than making the tires wider, I made the wheels narrower.

Also, I kept the original, instead of selling/swapping is because they are definitely more performance oriented than the 19" wheels, so that means, if I should choose to take the MYP to the track or something, I can swap in the those wheels to get better track feel.

It's an expensive option, but I felt it was the best for what I wanted, keep an "everyday" set and a "fun" set.

Last edited:
I am running
275/40/21
295/40/21

Awesome ride Mitchell AS4
Curb protection

Attachments

• IMG_7885.jpeg
    IMG_7885.jpeg
    681.2 KB · Views: 238
  • IMG_7881.jpeg
    IMG_7881.jpeg
    462.3 KB · Views: 124
  • IMG_7883.jpeg
    IMG_7883.jpeg
    583.4 KB · Views: 132
Thank you

I am running 20x10.5 et40 all around. 275/40/20 in the front and 315/35/30 in the rear. I ran square setup last year with the 275’s. When I did my winter switch over at 25,000km, rear were done and front were almost new. Decided to go wider. Going taller profile made a huge difference. Running DWS 06plus.

New here and just bought a myp 23. I don't like being staggered due to tire rotations. Anyone looking to have a squared myp can just run a 275/35/21 on the front and the back on stock rims correct. I would also like to have just one tire to keep as a spare in an emergency.

I'd love to gain the 40 for ride comfort but I see more benefit in the tire rotation and spare situation.

New here and just bought a myp 23. I don't like being staggered due to tire rotations. Anyone looking to have a squared myp can just run a 275/35/21 on the front and the back on stock rims correct. I would also like to have just one tire to keep as a spare in an emergency.

I'd love to gain the 40 for ride comfort but I see more benefit in the tire rotation and spare situation.
The rear rims are wider. I wouldn't rotate them to the front.