Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tire/Wheel fit on Performance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone, I have a somewhat silly question.
I am supposed to leave today to Yosemite and turns out that there will be a snow storm and my Model Y performance has the summer tires.
I was trying to find a solution to fix today and was wondering if it was possible to fit some 19inches model S tempest wheels that are equipped with 245/45R19tires?

If anyone has a solution to address today in CA East Bay I am all ears!

Cheers.

So in the end I ended up driving anyway and I can confirm that we should never use summer tires in the snow.
There is absolutely zero traction and a small downhill was done basically sliding all the way through.
One thing that saved me going uphill was the off road setting. Without it the car was going sideways and once enable I managed to get I up.
Snow tires ordered and also chain. Won’t happen again! But what an amazing car the Model Y is even without the right tires.

Glad that you made it back intact.

So in the end I ended up driving anyway and I can confirm that we should never use summer tires in the snow.
There is absolutely zero traction and a small downhill was done basically sliding all the way through.
One thing that saved me going uphill was the off road setting. Without it the car was going sideways and once enable I managed to get I up.
Snow tires ordered and also chain. Won’t happen again! But what an amazing car the Model Y is even without the right tires.