Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Group statistics

Members:
Threads:

Latest posts

Hawaii Tesla Owners

Tires, tires, tires

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm asking for advice from fellow MS and MX owners on Oahu as to where they feel the best tire deals exist to replace their OEM rubber?
Yup, these heavy beasts definitely like to eat rubber, ...I'm down to 2-3/32 front and 3/32 rear tread at just over 18k original miles.
Looking for least noise, longer tread life than original 20 inch Continentals.
TireRack + reputable local installer?
Costco Michelin?
Local shop with alternative brands (should be of equal load/speed ratings as OEMs)?
Any suggestions appreciated!

I just replaced my staggered set of perellis 20". 17k miles, still a little life, but I'm pretty OCD. I wanted to go with Hankook as I used them on my CLS63 for years, cheaper and still excellent quality, however they didn't come in my sizes. So, shopped around and got a quote from T&T mobile tire. Delinte tires. I never heard of them so looked up quality issues and found none so, for them to come to my home, mount and balance and give warranty for less than me buying 2 perellis! I was down to try. So far, I'm extremely pleased. Quieter ride, no change in handling that I can tell. Totally worth it. Look into it.

Reactions: nanimac
I just replaced my staggered set of perellis 20". 17k miles, still a little life, but I'm pretty OCD. I wanted to go with Hankook as I used them on my CLS63 for years, cheaper and still excellent quality, however they didn't come in my sizes. So, shopped around and got a quote from T&T mobile tire. Delinte tires. I never heard of them so looked up quality issues and found none so, for them to come to my home, mount and balance and give warranty for less than me buying 2 perellis! I was down to try. So far, I'm extremely pleased. Quieter ride, no change in handling that I can tell. Totally worth it. Look into it.

Thanks for the info!
I'll look into T&T...Was going to look at TireRack and have CustomAuto (TireRack recommended) in Kalihi do the install as backup for about $700 out the door for 2 front Michelins.
We're the Hancocks the only choice by available stock from T&T?

Sorry, were the Delentes the only available brands on hand with T&T at the time?
Just in my size requirements. I'm pretty sure you can select what brand you want, don't know for sure. I actually used yelp to ask another tire company for an estimate, then selected the option for other similar businesses as well, they were the first to respond and basically the only one that said they had the size. I used to use tirerack and have someone install as well, however, lately I've just been successful in finding better deals on island keeping open to brand changes.