Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

To spoiler or not?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had a same thought that you meant outside. However, I never missed the handles since my MY is white 😀
I haven't seen myself any car that has door handle illuminated. It is just me probably
PXL_20211118_032327646.NIGHT.jpg

Our MYLR is blue, so it's really hard to see the doorhandles when it's dark outside... Either that or I'm blind, lol... But even my kids have problems when it's super dark outside. But even underbody lights would probably provide enough ambient light so you can see the doorhandles, since I know it's probably impossible to illuminate the MY handles since they are flush with the door.

Upvote 0
I plan to do the same.. what adhesive promoter did you use?.. there are so many on youtube.. which one did you follow. Thanks!!

I used the 3M Adhesive promoter. Available in 3 pack on Amazon for under $10. This video is basically what I did. I outlined and measured the placement, peeled a small piece off from the double sided tape, secured the spoiler using painter's tape, then SLOWLY peeled the rest of the double sided tape seal.

Reactions: goitsme48
Upvote 0
I added this CF spoiler from Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08TBZFY3J

Fit perfectly. I used the adhesive it came with. I prepped with alcohol wipes and the adhesive promoter that was included with the spoiler.

I installed in August and it hasn't budged. I did blue-tape the heck out of it overnight to maintain pressure on the adhesive while it setup.

I love the look on my 2020 MSM LR.

ETA: There was a TopFit coupon that took 15% off when I ordered on Amazon. Saved $30.

Last edited:
Reactions: goitsme48
Upvote 0