Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Question for MX owners with active spoiler

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
MX owners with active spoiler, have any of you experienced popping sounds as the spoiler goes up and down while driving?

I had been hearing this popping noise for a while coming from inside the cabin in the rear of the vehicle like something was rolling around back there and hitting something, or even inside the underneath compartment back there, but there was nothing. I never thought that it may actually be coming from outside the vehicle. My rear windows are so dark that I can barely see to the back so I never thought to check the spoiler as the culprit.

One day, it finally dawned on me that maybe that’s what it was, so I kept an eye on it as I sped up and sure enough it popped. I did the same as I was slowing down to a stop and again another pop. I know I can just leave it in the extended position and it won’t make a sound because obviously I won’t be moving, but I happen to like it. It doesn’t pop, or at least I can’t hear it, from outside the vehicle as it retracts when I lock the vehicle.

Anyone else have a similar issue with their spoiler?