Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

To sticker, or not to sticker...

Should I put the Volk TE37SL decals on?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Been rolling around on the Volk TE37SL without the decals. I’ve been debating whether to put them on or not. The ricer in me wants all the stickers. The middle aged voice of reason is telling me to keep it clean. What do you guys think?

As it currently sits...
7-B95038-F-EC03-4-EF0-8467-9578546-F8704.jpg

50-D03-A1-E-1-B18-4775-85-C2-73-E859-EDB068.jpg

B4029057-F84-D-43-AA-B681-0-A8-B96-A4-D0-CE.jpg

Decals for reference:

47-BDC005-A95-E-4-C95-81-CD-86546-D703-CCF.jpg

3-EAE3854-1-C8-F-462-D-ACFF-5-C3-A7130758-C.jpg

That's gotta be one of the most tasteful pin striping I have ever seen 👍
Thanks! It started off as a temporary experiment, just to mix things up and help differentiate my vehicle from a sea of white M3’s in my area. However, I’ve grown to really like it. Just flows with the vehicle’s lines so well. Looks better in person than what I can capture in any photo. So, I’m keeping it on there!!

My apologies to the OP for the tangent and sort of hi-jacking his thread...

Reactions: MODEL+
Stickers or not, that is one of the CLEANEST Model 3’s I have ever seen. Absolutely sick man, very well done!

My vote is for no stickers, but it’d look great even with stickers sooooo sorry I’m not much help 🤷🏻😂

Haha thank you :)

Stick her up! Let the inner ricer in you out! 🤗

I loved the look on my old MKV GTI with reverse staggered SLs
4.jpg

Sweet ride man....love the reverse stagger. This is making me lean towards the stickers haha!

Rice is right! So, sticker it up!!
I do think you need a little splash of red with your ride.
I happen to choose a different type of sticker (also with a splash of red... and grey... and blue).

View attachment 643208

View attachment 643209

Loving the stripe and the subtle red. The red definitely ties in better for you with the caliper. If I do go sticker, I might have to try to tie it in with some additional red highlights...

I think your car looks great without the sticker, personally. I voted to leave it off.
Thanks!

Reactions: MODEL+
My only problem with not putting the decals on is that there are TE copies in the world, and I wouldn't want to be "that guy in the Tesla on Rotas", even if they were real wheels.
I voted for the stickers, but not for this particular reason. If you know, you know, right?

I mean you think Rota don't have stickers by now?? hahah rock it proud!
s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:
I voted for the stickers, but not for this particular reason. If you know, you know, right?

I mean you think Rota don't have stickers by now?? hahah rock it proud!
s-l1600.jpg
Hahahaha

There are pretty significant differences between Volk original wheels and the copies - if ya know ya know :) The biggest difference is the finish...reps typically don’t have the same quality of color/shine. But also easy to see the diff in the cut of center of the wheel face and the thickness/angle of the spokes.

Last edited:
These kinds of things are typically only noticed by people who care, just like @MODEL+ said. Basically, "if you know, you know". I am not into wheels so I cant spot aftermarket wheel "tells".

My wife and I only drove BMWs for the past 15 years or so, prior to me buying my model 3P though. For BMWs, I know all the visual queues, and could easily tell when someone tried to put quad tailpipes on a lower end model, or stuck badges someplace they "didnt belong".

Even with that being said, I always thought, "hey, you do you". There are tons of people who cant tell the difference between a BMW 330 and an M3 (the real one) for example. They saw "BMW" and thought they were all M3s.

With tesla's since there are very little real differences between them, visually, its even less of "a thing". You should put the sticker on if you like the look, because anyone who actually would care what brand wheels those are can likely tell if they get close enough to look without the sticker, while almost everyone else wont know what the sticker represents.

So, do it or not because you like the look... because as @MODEL+ put it (very well) "if you know, you know, you know?" ;)

Reactions: Nichigo and MODEL+
These kinds of things are typically only noticed by people who care, just like @MODEL+ said. Basically, "if you know, you know". I am not into wheels so I cant spot aftermarket wheel "tells".

My wife and I only drove BMWs for the past 15 years or so, prior to me buying my model 3P though. For BMWs, I know all the visual queues, and could easily tell when someone tried to put quad tailpipes on a lower end model, or stuck badges someplace they "didnt belong".

Even with that being said, I always thought, "hey, you do you". There are tons of people who cant tell the difference between a BMW 330 and an M3 (the real one) for example. They saw "BMW" and thought they were all M3s.

With tesla's since there are very little real differences between them, visually, its even less of "a thing". You should put the sticker on if you like the look, because anyone who actually would care what brand wheels those are can likely tell if they get close enough to look without the sticker, while almost everyone else wont know what the sticker represents.

So, do it or not because you like the look... because as @MODEL+ put it (very well) "if you know, you know, you know?" ;)

Yeah I'm definitely not concerned about the wheels being identified appropriately or not. Strictly concerned about looks...

...although another thought that came to mind is that the wheels will be easier to re-sell if the stickers have not been applied. Decisions, decisions 🤔

Been rolling around on the Volk TE37SL without the decals. I’ve been debating whether to put them on or not. The ricer in me wants all the stickers. The middle aged voice of reason is telling me to keep it clean. What do you guys think?

As it currently sits...
Coming from another car community, I would say sticker those beauties. As others have said, the people who "know" will look for the stickers to verify quality.
I'd love to know your wheel configuration and where you ordered them from, your car looks absolutely perfect to me. My order (white) is due to arrive this month and the stock wheels have to go!

Coming from another car community, I would say sticker those beauties. As others have said, the people who "know" will look for the stickers to verify quality.
I'd love to know your wheel configuration and where you ordered them from, your car looks absolutely perfect to me. My order (white) is due to arrive this month and the stock wheels have to go!

thanks man! 18x9.5 +22 all around with 255/40/18s. Got the wheels from Evasive and tires from tire rack :)

I wish the MSpec has that red stickers cause I would definitley sticker up! I think MSpec comes with the regular volks stickers

Those stickers are classic tho man! That’s what all the OGs remember. Like someone said earlier tho you can order the stickers separately if you want a change up!

Reactions: pg62
thanks man! 18x9.5 +22 all around with 255/40/18s. Got the wheels from Evasive and tires from tire rack :)

Those stickers are classic tho man! That’s what all the OGs remember. Like someone said earlier tho you can order the stickers separately if you want a change up!
I may do it if the sticker actually fits the spokes. I really like the red accent of the sticker on the SLs