Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wanting a rear view camera mirror for my Y.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've been pondering the whole replacement rear view mirror with a camera mounted out back thing for months.
Most reasons revolve around the 'not good' view the current mirror gives. (which I Agee with) and the reply is almost always 'use the car's backup camera'
The weather here has been near freezing for the last few weeks and the view from the car's rear camera lasts about 10 minutes before becoming utterly useless.
When I get home, I can see the sides of the garage perfectly from the side cameras, but the rear camera is a complete blur.
There's lots of companies making streaming camera mirrors for model 3/Y but they all seem to mount back by the license plate (making them as useless the car's main rear camera)
Has anyone seem a company making a 3/Y mirror/camera that mounts inside the rear window? The Y is very good at keeping it's rear window clean, even without a back wiper (had a RAV4 before this and the back window was always a horrible mess)

Mostly aesthetics I'm thinking, as well as if a company made a mount that sits flush against the back window it would eliminate reflections from the inside.
(one camera setup has a nice bracket that replaces the one on the back of the car, putting the mirror camera opposite the OEM camera )
rear-camera-bracket.png