Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

too easy to accidentally make changes on Tesla app?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just curious if it's just me or do others find it too easy to make a change on the app?

Just swiping around to scroll the screen, I managed to accidentally change the charge limit setting once, and activate climate another time. Those weren't that critical; what I'm really concerned about is accidentally opening the frunk while away from the car -- there is no way to "undo" that action like you can lock the car or close the rear hatch remotely if accidentally opened.

(I wish there could be a confirmation step or a required long press.)

There Is (a confirmation step) for opening the frunk when away from the car. If you are not seeing it, its because you are not away from the car. You can test it yourself though.

There isnt one for changing charge level or activating climate though.

Reactions: Star K1tty
Upvote 0
Just curious if it's just me or do others find it too easy to make a change on the app?

Just swiping around to scroll the screen, I managed to accidentally change the charge limit setting once, and activate climate another time. Those weren't that critical; what I'm really concerned about is accidentally opening the frunk while away from the car -- there is no way to "undo" that action like you can lock the car or close the rear hatch remotely if accidentally opened.

Utterly agree - several times my wife and I have raised the charge limit set on the Tesla App to beyond the 80% target to which we try to adhere. One time I found the car 95% charged by accident and perhaps foolishly drove it unnecessarily (late in the evening!!) to a distant airport and back to get it more comfortably below 90%. Just now my wife was returning from shopping (very short trip) and noticed the charge level was set to 94% !! This had to have occurred before she left home. Anyhow, we reset the charge limit to 80%, plugged it in and as it should it stopped immediately before further charging. This has happened too many times. Finger slips should NOT be so easy. Perhaps there should be a requirement to say YES to reconfirm any resetting of the charge limit. PLEASE DO IT TESLA if you are serious about restraints on recommended charge limits. Maybe just a confirmation when you breach a recommended limit.

Upvote 0