Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Took Delivery 8/10/2018 - No Issues (whew)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve been waiting for this day for a long long time, and finally I’m driving my new 2018 Silver 100D - all options except FSD. My EV history started with a 2011 Leaf, not enough range for my sit, then almost got the X last year but family issues came up, bought a 2017 Volt as a partial compromise and really happy with it overall though of course wish it had at least double the range. Traded in a Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland for the Tesla as just couldn’t stand the exhaust roar and ICE-iness, but needed tow capability.

So had a 10:30 appt and was on the road at 10:46 - whew! Inspection didn’t show ANY issues, no nasty gaps, no obvious paint probs, door/window seals fine, doors open/close and no mis-alignments, interior fine - incredibly relieved as was really worried about Tesla’s QC from reading some of the horror stories here. The delivery center is new here in San Diego (no longer the service center) and it’s obvious they’re still working on it as there was no A/C - and boy was it needed - they had all doors open with a huge floor fan blowing out thru one of the doors. Otherwise it looks very nice inside, typical Tesla style. Our DS was was very personable and helpful.

Looking forward to many happy miles...

incredibly relieved as was really worried about Tesla’s QC from reading some of the horror stories here.

Looking forward to many happy miles...

Imagine that, you had a normal delivery experience. don't let the haters or uber-rare 1%ers skew your vision of tesla vehicles. For the most part, they're pretty well made.

And yes, post pics please :) congrats on your purchase.

Imagine that, you had a normal delivery experience. don't let the haters or uber-rare 1%ers skew your vision of tesla vehicles. For the most part, they're pretty well made.

And yes, post pics please :) congrats on your purchase.

Just the one pic so far, same as my profile pic.

Attachments

• B94C7F47-561D-4A0F-94CC-72834DC04F37.jpeg
    B94C7F47-561D-4A0F-94CC-72834DC04F37.jpeg
    415.6 KB · Views: 89
Honestly, I'd say most horror stories have more to do with the SC where delivery occurs. The vehicles come out of the factory in various states of repair/disrepair and it's up to the SC to get it right before delivery. Fremont delivery seems to be pretty high on the horror list.

• Informative
Reactions: bayx
Honestly, I'd say most horror stories have more to do with the SC where delivery occurs. The vehicles come out of the factory in various states of repair/disrepair and it's up to the SC to get it right before delivery. Fremont delivery seems to be pretty high on the horror list.

I think Fremont has issues because of the pace. 20 cars every 2 hours or so is moving a lot of vehicles. As a Model X owner I blame it on Model 3.:rolleyes: