Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Top glass misalignment, how much is too much?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Took delivery yesterday. How much misalignment is cause for concern on the top glass? I have not noticed wind noise at highway speed.

PXL_20220308_195020358.jpg
PXL_20220308_195011579.jpg

My 2022 is perfectly aligned and I get a ton of wind noise compared to my 2021. Service center couldn't fix it/said it was normal so now I've resorted to ordering wind noise reduction stuff.
Have you tried just placing painters tape over the gaps to confirm if that helps (as a test of course)? I've never noticed the wind noise, especially to the point where it overpowers the road noise. I'm curious if the noise reduction kits would help, or if it's just an issue I don't have.

Have you tried just placing painters tape over the gaps to confirm if that helps (as a test of course)? I've never noticed the wind noise, especially to the point where it overpowers the road noise. I'm curious if the noise reduction kits would help, or if it's just an issue I don't have.
Did just that with the tech and they ended up replacing my entire windshield and glass sunroof...

Yeah I wouldn't be bothered by that "misalignment" to be honest. Its somewhere that isn't easily noticeable either.

I agree, enjoy what you've got! I certainly am with minor inconveniences that are "within spec"

I have a roll on my front seat that I will apply before commuting home from work. I don't want the adhesive to melt while it sits in the sun today. The wind noise on my newer Y just sounds like the car is driving through windy weather whenever it gets > 60-70mph.

It was even more frustrating riding back from the service center in a Honda CIvic Uber that had no whooshing sound at highway speeds

Last edited:
I had the same issue when I inspected the car on delivery day. Brought it to the service centre’s attention and they said it’s fine. I had the attitude of not wanting to mess around with it to avoid potential issues if they did try and and fix it. Been through a car wash and no leaks. Also no wind noise. It doesn’t bug me anymore.

123824B6-1408-4DFF-A298-01CE1FE20AE1.jpeg