Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TopFit vs. Tesla Sun Shades for 2016 Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Greetings,

Here in the DC area, we're experiencing the annual peak of sun and heat, and it's making me look at sun shades for the roof and liftgate of my MS. (I'll need something else reflective for the front windshield.)

I know the roof glass is coated differently from either the windshield or liftgate, and I can tell it makes a difference. But, I think I want something more. And, that definitely goes for the liftgate.

I am aware of various tint coatings, but I don't think I'm up for that at this stage.

So, I think the Tesla shade offerings could make sense, though the combination for the roof and liftgate would be $200. It seems that a leading alternative is a combo of the TopFit products (here and here) available on Amazon for $120. The TopFit products get high ratings, but a few folks say they don't fit precisely.

Anyone care to share thoughts/recommendations?

Thanks much,

Todd

I did NOT like the Heatshield sunshade. I could NOT get the rear liftgate shade to stay up, even after they tortured me by making me install a bunch more suction cups. The sunroof shade are also failing and I'm just out of their warranty. Poor customer service. AND their crinkled look is ugly--not befitting a Tesla.