Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best, must-have Model 3 Accessories/Brands? (2023) - floor mats, sun shades, organizer, mud flaps, etc...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have been browsing this forum since purchasing my car and information seems to be very sparse (or I'm looking in the wrong place). Perhaps we can make a new sticky thread of updated resources for accessories.

I wanted to ask what everyone considers must-have accessories for the M3? This is the list I have so far but I'm looking for alternatives to some of Tesla-branded options (some seem overpriced):

• Floor/trunk mats - not much variance here in price for all-weather so will either buy Tesla or next equivalent.
  • Mud flaps - also will probably go with Tesla branded. Open to suggestions.
  • Storage organizer - same as above.
  • Charger - mobile connector (duh)
  • Screen protector - where to even start??
  • Sun shades - this is the one I'm struggling with. Can't believe Tesla charges as much as they do for theirs. Are they really worth it or is there an amazon equivalent that works well? Would prefer not to fully block out the light but as much heat as possible.
  • Any other must-haves for the car?

Looking forward to hearing from y'all!

I have been browsing this forum since purchasing my car and information seems to be very sparse (or I'm looking in the wrong place). Perhaps we can make a new sticky thread of updated resources for accessories.

I wanted to ask what everyone considers must-have accessories for the M3? This is the list I have so far but I'm looking for alternatives to some of Tesla-branded options (some seem overpriced):

• Floor/trunk mats - not much variance here in price for all-weather so will either buy Tesla or next equivalent.
  • Sun shades - this is the one I'm struggling with. Can't believe Tesla charges as much as they do for theirs. Are they really worth it or is there an amazon equivalent that works well? Would prefer not to fully block out the light but as much heat as possible.

If you search youtube for must have model 3 accessories you will find many videos on that very topic.

Reactions: souldriverk
Didn't think of that, came here first. Thanks!

The issue I see with all the youtube videos is, at least for me, I take anything I find like that with not "a grain of salt" but like "5-6 grains of salt". I am NOT AT ALL into the "influencer" type thing, and most of the stuff you will find on youtube about accessories for these cars reeks of sponsored content.

So, I get looking online in forums (either here or elsewhere) to try to find real people who were not given the product, or trying to launch a youtube career, who have opinions on this stuff.

Brake and accelerator pedals, roof gap filler,tinted windows, logo decals

In my boot I have a screw on hook that attaches to an existing screw thread and I can hang shopping bags from it to stop them moving around.

If I have a lot of bags I also have a Stayhold which is a plastic wall that can be put anywhere and velcro sticks down. They have a version for rubber mats too.

I don't think you need a screen protector. They're useful on phones that come into contact with all sorts but presumably it'll just be your fingers on the screen. Maybe an anti glare one if that's an issue?

An SSD drive for dashcam.

The all weather mats and mudguards (I only have fronts) are essentials IMO. I bought and returned one set of mats that had a groove pattern that would catch my heel during driving, bad design. Don't need sunshades in UK 🌞

Last edited:
here are a few no one talks about but are great preventative measures, some not mentioned enough

Issue Defense

1. debris can get into the floor vent, noise will become an issue -get rear floor vent mesh covers
2. debris from the road can get into the front grill and deep inside causing noise
-install front grill mesh covers
3. if any debris gets into the washer tank, the pump will fail -not on amazon, google a washer fluid strainer, should be less than $15
4. iphone 14, 15 pro max cannot be charged enough while streaming, wireless charger is only 7.5 watts
-install the magbak magsafe display mount, can get left and right with a dual charger
it charges Qi at 10 watts, just enough to keep the max phone alive during streaming
5. rear bumper top edge gets scratched and chipped from use -have PPF applied to the top edge
6. carpet to the right of the driver foot gets warn -either use the Tuxmats which have center console carpet protection built in or
if you have the 3D max mats, add Lasfit center console side protectors
7. if you have the performance editions, M3 or My, the staggered wheels cause road debris to kickup and hit each side quarter panels
-have ppf installed on each quarter panel
8. flat tire and roadside assistance is hours away -have in your fronk, Tesla tire repair kit, snip nose plyers, vinyl drop cloth
tire plug repair kit, work gloves
9. if you have a dog, the rear cargo mat gets covered in hair -add on top of the cargo mat of a MY, a pet drop in cover going up the sides
which is easily removed and washed
10. most mechanics, tire centers dont have Tesla jack pads -buy and store Tesla jack pads in your fronk
11. no issue with Tesla wipers -keep buying Tesla wipers, best value vs $80 a pair at Autozone
12. where to store sun glasses, in some cases 2x -get the display rear shelf for storing sun glasses
13. rear passenger iphone charging -store 2x USBC to Lightening or USBC for IPH15 in the rear of console storage bin
14. darkness at the feet of rear passengers - looking for rear floor well lighting, have not found yet
15. MY hatch inside edge wear -buy and install MY rear hatch stainless cover protector
16. Pain to remove the MY tow hitch cover -buy and install the MY magnetic tow hitch cover
17. Black rim rash, impacts -color black rim hits with a Sharpie Professional Marker, it does not wash off

Reactions: Skavatar