Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Torque Lift Central Bike Carrier for Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was planning to purchase a bike rack carrier from Torque Lift Central for my 2017 model s and noticed that you have to cut a 2" square slot on the bottom of the rear splash guard. Has anyone done this and gotten any kick back from Mother Tesla about it? The manufacturers said no problem but they can't be trusted I called Tesla support and didn't get a definitive yes or no.

Thanks,
Dan

I have the Eco Hitch installed and they have a cover for the cutout that I purchased as well. I've taken the car many times to Tesla Service in Fremont and they never mentioned anything about it. I even had the drive train replaced so I don't think it effects the warranty.

I have the Eco Hitch installed and they have a cover for the cutout that I purchased as well. I've taken the car many times to Tesla Service in Fremont and they never mentioned anything about it. I even had the drive train replaced so I don't think it effects the warranty.
I didn't know that there was a cover. Hmmm, I've just left the hole open and not worried about it.