Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S cargo luggage carrier options

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have a 2023 model s plaid, and took my first road trip and realized I wish I had a way of adding a bit more space for luggage. We take our dog in a carrier that admittedly takes almost half of the trunk, and the back seat is pretty much just kid car seats. This left me with half a trunk and a small frunk for luggage.

Looked at roof racks but I don't think it's visually appealing day to day, unless there's a way to remove them easily.

And from my understanding, the Model S doesn't have a hitch installed under the bumper correct? Seems like a big project to install a hitch for a cargo carrier rail.

These trips are infrequent so wondering if anyone else has come up with a solution. Thanks!

Have a 2023 model s plaid, and took my first road trip and realized I wish I had a way of adding a bit more space for luggage. We take our dog in a carrier that admittedly takes almost half of the trunk, and the back seat is pretty much just kid car seats. This left me with half a trunk and a small frunk for luggage.

Looked at roof racks but I don't think it's visually appealing day to day, unless there's a way to remove them easily.

And from my understanding, the Model S doesn't have a hitch installed under the bumper correct? Seems like a big project to install a hitch for a cargo carrier rail.

These trips are infrequent so wondering if anyone else has come up with a solution. Thanks!
This is on a 2016 S. I'm pretty sure a hitch is also now available for a refresh S. It's not really a big deal at all.View attachment 1031396