Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

touch screen stopped working

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just returned from a multi day, multi location road trip. On my return home my touch screen stopped registering any finger inputs.

Why would it do that and what is the solution to get the touch screen to work again.

None of the screen options are functioning.

Thanks

Just returned from a multi day, multi location road trip. On my return home my touch screen stopped registering any finger inputs.

Why would it do that and what is the solution to get the touch screen to work again.

Thanks

Have you checked to make sure your sentry drive isnt full? Take the Sentry USB drive out, and reboot the car, and see if the symptom goes away.

Reactions: smogne41
I have never used the sentry drive and never rebooted. I'll have to research how to do so.
It (the sentry drive) is in your glove compartment. Remove the USB in your glove compartment, or alternatively, format the USB drive without removing it. From the tesla manual:

===============================

(Relevant text from the manual)

Automatically Formatting a USB Drive​

Insert the USB drive into a front USB port and touch Controls > Safety > Format USB Drive. This automatically formats the USB drive as exFAT and creates a folder for TeslaCam and TeslaTrackMode (if equipped). The USB drive is now ready to record and save video footage.
Format USB Drive is available only when a USB drive (with one or fewer partitions) is inserted into a front USB port. Choosing Format USB Drive erases any existing content on the USB drive—before using this feature, move any content you want to keep to a different device.

Alright, not sure what to do here. 2018 model 3. The screen went blank in the middle of a drive on fsd. Fsd disengaged a minute later Was able to manually drive home. Parked in my driveway, two button reset does nothing. I’ve tried many times. Can’t power cycle because the screen is blank. The heater is on, my battery was at 17% when the screen went blank. I let the car alone for about 40 minutes. Came back to it and the climate system was still running. Tried two button reset again, still nothing. Any ideas? Car is gonna die in my driveway.

Alright, not sure what to do here. 2018 model 3. The screen went blank in the middle of a drive on fsd. Fsd disengaged a minute later Was able to manually drive home. Parked in my driveway, two button reset does nothing. I’ve tried many times. Can’t power cycle because the screen is blank. The heater is on, my battery was at 17% when the screen went blank. I let the car alone for about 40 minutes. Came back to it and the climate system was still running. Tried two button reset again, still nothing. Any ideas? Car is gonna die in my driveway.
Besides contacting Telsa support, you can also try a hard reset. Same as soft, but press the brake pedal too.

Thanks

As other said, reboot.

FYI a reboot can be done driving down the road with FSD or EAP enabled. Music will stop, but the car will continue to drive itself.