Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Touch screen drops input press and hold - and misses inputs

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I recently took delivery of a 2023 RWD Model 3.

The touch screen at times will stop recognizing a screen press. It will also not recognize button presses about 10-15% of the time.

I’m trying to gather feedback on if others experience similar behavior or if this is unexpected.

It’d be very easy to replicate the behavior I’m talking about. If you go into either stardew valley or vampire survivors, you can test the following -

1 - stardew valley - try typing in your characters name then deleting the name. When I do this, about 15% of my button presses are missed.

2 - vampire survivors - try pressing and holding and moving your finger against the screen to control your character.
2A - keep moving with your finger on the screen the entire time. Within 10 seconds on my screen, the system loses recognition of my finger being on almost as if I’ve moved my finger off the screen.

I’m attaching a YouTube video showing the behavior in Stardew Valley. If a few people would be willing to test this out I’d really appreciate it. The service center has told me this is expected behavior.