Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Touch up paint for MSM?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
...did you check out Dr. Color Chip?? Tesla just repackages this kit. FWIW I have used DCC for years on all 3 Teslas--perfect match.

Dr. ColorChip Automotive Paint Chip Repair Kit - Dr. ColorChip: Automotive Paint Chip Repair Systems

Hey @JPP based on your experience, how long does the product last? I’m debating which size kit to buy. Does the paint and solution dry up? I drive a lot of highway miles and expect to get more chips. But would hate to buy one of the bigger kits and then 6 months later ⅔ is dried up.

Thanks

PS
They sent me a code for 15% off
SPRING

• Funny
Reactions: Alset4S
Hey @JPP based on your experience, how long does the product last? I’m debating which size kit to buy. Does the paint and solution dry up? I drive a lot of highway miles and expect to get more chips. But would hate to buy one of the bigger kits and then 6 months later ⅔ is dried up.

Thanks

PS
They sent me a code for 15% off
SPRING

I get the small bottle, and in fact it has lasted for 6 years...keep it tightly closed and in a cool dark place.

• Informative
Reactions: Bacalao
Awesome!! Thanks!!

Even the small kit goes a long way, the paint match is surprisingly close but you'll still be able to see it was patched if you look at it closer than a foot away for bigger chips. Metallic paints are a bit harder to get to look "exactly right" I noticed when doing my girlfriends car.

Definitely not a "Fix" but mostly works as a way to hide them. I used the Dr. Color chip small kit.

• Informative
Reactions: Bacalao