Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fixing a hole in my Tesla - need a good touch-up paint

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I hit something on a highway which literally punctured a hole in the fender!

IMG_4547.JPEG

I have a Tesla touch-up paint kit but it is junk. When I try to use their blending solution to make the transition less visible it dissolves paint, washes it away, and leaves concentrated metal powder. Basically, it changes color from gray to silver.

IMG_4613.JPEG

I tried to apply a clear coat over this Tesla paint but it dissolves paint with the same result! This junky paint can even be removed with gasoline!

Does anyone know some good aftermarket touch-up paint?

Seems like others have had better results with Dr Colorchip.

He/she asked for touch up paint, I provided an alternative touch up paint kit. 🤓
Understood... I was just confused by what I originally perceived to be "this paint is no good at fixing this bullet hole in my fender".

I see now in hindsight that the photos tell the story, not the text. I didn't realize until now that clearly the hole was first repaired/filled (visible in the 2nd photo) and that the OP was now struggling to paint it.

Thanks!

Reactions: classychris92
I have a Tesla touch-up paint kit but it is junk. When I try to use their blending solution to make the transition less visible
it dissolves paint, washes it away, and leaves concentrated metal powder. Basically, it changes color from gray to silver.
I tried to apply a clear coat over this Tesla paint but it dissolves paint with the same result!
This junky paint can even be removed with gasoline!

I used some filler and a repair pen and got good results:

Filler _.jpg Pen Paint _.jpg

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: father_of_6