Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tow hitch ball mount w/ rise for U-haul trailers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just DIY installed a Curt Class 3 Trailer Hitch 2" Receiver 13449 and ZCI Zero Contact Interface Universal ModuLite wiring kit on my 2018 M3 long range. I want to tow the smallest U-haul utility trailer from time to time with it. In the U-Haul M3 install video they show the hitch at 9.5 inches from the ground to the top of the receiver opening. In the U-haul ball mount selection video and in their online documentation they say U-haul trailers are 18 inches to the bottom of the trailer coupler. This leaves me with needing to find a ball mount with 8.5 inches of rise. I do not love those expensive adjustable hight ball mounts and would like to find a standard fixed ball mount. The biggest offset fixed ball mount Curt sells is is a 10-inch drop or flipped over an 8-inch rise with model 45110 or 45112. That is still leaves me 1/2 an inch too low. Do you think 1/2 an inch low is ok or too unlevel? Any other ball mount suggestions? Thank you!

I just DIY installed a Curt Class 3 Trailer Hitch 2" Receiver 13449 and ZCI Zero Contact Interface Universal ModuLite wiring kit on my 2018 M3 long range. I want to tow the smallest U-haul utility trailer from time to time with it. In the U-Haul M3 install video they show the hitch at 9.5 inches from the ground to the top of the receiver opening. In the U-haul ball mount selection video and in their online documentation they say U-haul trailers are 18 inches to the bottom of the trailer coupler. This leaves me with needing to find a ball mount with 8.5 inches of rise. I do not love those expensive adjustable hight ball mounts and would like to find a standard fixed ball mount. The biggest offset fixed ball mount Curt sells is is a 10-inch drop or flipped over an 8-inch rise with model 45110 or 45112. That is still leaves me 1/2 an inch too low. Do you think 1/2 an inch low is ok or too unlevel? Any other ball mount suggestions? Thank you!
If your tow ball has a long enough shank, you can add 1/2" of washers to raise it up. Or even better, add this Amazon.com: 2" TJ Trailer Guide : Automotive and a washer.