Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trade-in and Payment method effect on vehicle delivery?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Placed my order over the weekend for a Model Y! But while I've updated and saved the delivery location and registration, I still haven't finished/saved the Trade-in and Payment method tabs. I need to see what Tesla will offer on trade in value and also check with various banks on their financing rates before making my decision. Does this effect my vehicle's delivery? Or am I fully in the queue with everyone else now and just need to get it updated before delivery?

Nobody really knows, but I've had Tesla advisors tell me I wont get a VIN assigned unless everything is completed in my account. Others have heard other information. Nobody really knows the methodology of how Tesla is delivering vehicles.

Got my profile updated but don’t have their bid on my trade yet. I understand that starting tomorrow, Tesla is no longer offering to match CarMax offers...? I have a Carvana bid but they won’t take it because my Model Y is not in. I am fearing a low-ball offer from them which may derail my deal.

I asked for a trade in value and it came at exactly the lowest KBB trade in value. This was without any pictures or anything. They just used my VIN and car details. I'll try to sell myself or sell to CarMax or similar place if not.

I was going to do a trade. Their offer was low so I decided not to do a trade. My advisor said it would speed up things if a trade is not involved. They have updated their website and changed the estimated time for delivery to 4-8 weeks for new orders.