Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trade In Offer Acceptance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I got a text from Tesla today asking me to fill in some info related to trading in my old car and my financing for my new M3. It said that if I fill in all this info, it'll bump up the priority of my order.

I was wondering if anyone knew that if I click on the "approve" button for the trade in, am I committed to that price or can I still go to CarMax and see if I can get a better price that Tesla will match?

Thanks.

So I got a text from Tesla today asking me to fill in some info related to trading in my old car and my financing for my new M3. It said that if I fill in all this info, it'll bump up the priority of my order.

I was wondering if anyone knew that if I click on the "approve" button for the trade in, am I committed to that price or can I still go to CarMax and see if I can get a better price that Tesla will match?

Thanks.
I had to do that exact same thing. I was told that after 4 weeks after ordering. I got it in writing that they will honor the carmax offer before I close the deal on the M3. So yes you wont make progress (as per tesla advisor) if you have not accepted your trade in and clicked on "submit". btw I still dont have my vin been a month.