Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trade In

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am purchasing a Tesla and am awaiting delivery. I live in a state where there are no delivery/service centers. Because of this, I wanted to inspect my vehicle prior to shipment.

I asked, could I drop off my trade when I am inspecting the vehicle? The reply was no. They are collecting the trade when they drop off the car???

Anyway, I would call them and ask the question.

Highly second the above recommendation. If you are buying in CA there is no benefit in trading in your car at time of delivery. You still have to pay full taxes on the new car. Go try Carvana, shift, vroom and see which offers the most. 1 of those will almost certainly offer much more than Tesla or CarMax can and they come to you to pick up your car.

Reactions: shiftkenny
So far carmax offered 4k and tesla offered 5100... I'll try carvana next the problem is theres a lot of sun damage on the roof of the car does that matter?

Question...

If you are in San diego where your location under your name says, why not ask tesla to ship the car down to the Delivery center in Kearny Mesa close to miramar road? Why do you have to pick it up in SF? Would they be charging you to relocate the car down here for you, or do you just want the road trip to be your first experience with the car?

Question...

If you are in San diego where your location under your name says, why not ask tesla to ship the car down to the Delivery center in Kearny Mesa close to miramar road? Why do you have to pick it up in SF? Would they be charging you to relocate the car down here for you, or do you just want the road trip to be your first experience with the car?
They want$2k relocation fee

• Informative
Reactions: jjrandorin
They want$2k relocation fee

That makes sense... for 2k I would absolutely fly up there and drive back as well. Will be a good introduction for you. As for your other question about sun damage on roof reducing value, I would guess that something like that would reduce value, but the car is already pretty inexpensive.

hypothetically, if you were buying your car, and it had sun damage on the roof, you would probably expect to spend less for it than one that didnt have that same damage so....

I would just get quotes on it, putting in realistic answers to whatever questions they ask online, and go with the highest / most convenient offer.

That makes sense... for 2k I would absolutely fly up there and drive back as well. Will be a good introduction for you. As for your other question about sun damage on roof reducing value, I would guess that something like that would reduce value, but the car is already pretty inexpensive.

hypothetically, if you were buying your car, and it had sun damage on the roof, you would probably expect to spend less for it than one that didnt have that same damage so....

I would just get quotes on it, putting in realistic answers to whatever questions they ask online, and go with the highest / most convenient offer.
Yeah shift giving me 6500 but I messaged them saying it has sun damage and wanna see what they say... tesla might be my best bet at the moment