Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trade: Wood Dashboard for White

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey gents,

I've been lurking for a while, but decided to finally make it official.

I searched the forum, but could not find any thread in Colorado about this. I am in the Denver area and I'd be willing to meet and make a trade for the white dash if someone wants the wood dash. From what I can tell, it should be a pretty easy swap and I will throw in a brand new center console wrap (matte black) for your trouble.

Hit me up if anyone is interested. Thanks.

Hey gents,

I've been lurking for a while, but decided to finally make it official.

I searched the forum, but could not find any thread in Colorado about this. I am in the Denver area and I'd be willing to meet and make a trade for the white dash if someone wants the wood dash. From what I can tell, it should be a pretty easy swap and I will throw in a brand new center console wrap (matte black) for your trouble.

Hit me up if anyone is interested. Thanks.

PS. Sorry about the whole "gents," didn't mean to discriminate...

I did that swap recently and then wrapped my center console in satin white and I love the look. Makes the car seem more modern. Wood seems more appropriate to an older error for luxury cars. The sleek white aluminum or carbon fiber seems more modern to me.

I did that swap recently and then wrapped my center console in satin white and I love the look. Makes the car seem more modern. Wood seems more appropriate to an older error for luxury cars. The sleek white aluminum or carbon fiber seems more modern to me.

Very cool, I hadn't considered wrapping the center console in a light color. I installed a matte black for a while and now I'm going to try out the black carbon fiber, but maybe I should have gone with the satin white.

The center console is relatively easy to do with a little patience. The material I've used has been pretty forgiving and yeah, here are a multitude of videos about the process.
Is there a bunch of dismantling of parts? I’d be nervous doing that on my new car with no knowledge of Tesla’s or wrapping in general. Love that you went white though. Got a pic of it?

Is there a bunch of dismantling of parts? I’d be nervous doing that on my new car with no knowledge of Tesla’s or wrapping in general. Love that you went white though. Got a pic of it?

I did not go with white, I did matte black and about to try back carbon fiber. There's no dismantling at all. The whole process is completely non intrusive and doesn't require any tools or mechanical know-how.

I used RPM Tesla's and here are a couple of quick snaps.

IMG_0334-2.jpg
IMG_0336-2.jpg

Be aware as well that Tesla sells complete original white dashboards as well. Apparently the price is $175 usd. Allows you to keep the original to sell with the car or to sell privately.

Called my local SC and inquired on White Dashboard from the parts catalog since my Model 3 was there for some repair work. I was told that parts are attached to your vehicle by your VIN. They said since my Model 3 came with Wood Dashboard, they are unable to place the order since the system will not let them. If anyone else wants to try below is the part #. Price was around $250 with $50 for Labor according to Tesla.

M3, IP, LHD, DECOR ASY, WHITE
Part Number: 1100567-00-E

• Informative
Reactions: YisSerL and 03DSG