Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trading a 14-50 adapter for a J1772?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I understand that Tesla stopped including the NEMA 14-50 adapter with the charging kits on new cars. I ended up getting a Chargepoint Home for my garage which required me to install a NEMA 6-50 plug. Since I have no use for the 14-50 adapter, I thought I'd offer it up to the community if there's anyone looking for one since they've been sold out online for a while.

I'd love to trade it for a J1772 adapter if someone has one they're not using. Now that the Chargepoint needs it, it's become a pain to remember to take it with me in case I need to charge on-the-go at a non-Tesla location. Having a spare that I can leave in the car would be a a big help. Figured I'd throw it out there if anyone is interested in making a swap.

I understand that Tesla stopped including the NEMA 14-50 adapter with the charging kits on new cars. I ended up getting a Chargepoint Home for my garage which required me to install a NEMA 6-50 plug. Since I have no use for the 14-50 adapter, I thought I'd offer it up to the community if there's anyone looking for one since they've been sold out online for a while.

I'd love to trade it for a J1772 adapter if someone has one they're not using. Now that the Chargepoint needs it, it's become a pain to remember to take it with me in case I need to charge on-the-go at a non-Tesla location. Having a spare that I can leave in the car would be a a big help. Figured I'd throw it out there if anyone is interested in making a swap.
J1772 is almost $100 vs $35 for 14-50. If care, I can buy for $35 (including shipping).