Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trail braking vs. lifting in track mode

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As wenkan said, regen is essentially trail braking. That being said you don’t have the same amount of control as you would on an NA car.

It would be interesting to see a professional driver with track mode test zero regen and complete manual braking (basically the stability/traction control and cooling) vs max regen.

Just my.02

You are anyway trail braking using regen.

I think I'm misunderstanding something. Trail braking is when you keep on the throttle, but tap the brakes to shift the weight forward, while making a steering adjustment, then release the brake.

How would regen work the same? Unless since there's no flywheel/RPMs to build, etc it doesn't matter?

I think I'm misunderstanding something. Trail braking is when you keep on the throttle, but tap the brakes to shift the weight forward, while making a steering adjustment, then release the brake.

How would regen work the same? Unless since there's no flywheel/RPMs to build, etc it doesn't matter?
Trail braking is light braking past the entrance to the turn, not applying throttle and brake at the same time.

Reactions: wenkan