Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Transferring FSD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi looking to pull the trigger on an in stock MYP and transfering FSD before the end of the month. Do I need to add FSD when reserving the vehicle and then have it deducted or is it assumed that I will be transferring free of charge?

I ordered the car without FSD and put my existing X in as the trade. It automatically recognized that I had FSD and FUSC to transfer. Once I got their trade offer, I rejected it (Carmax offered $9k more) and it popped up the option to confirm that I still wanted FSD and FUSC transferred without actually trading the vehicle.

I ordered the car without FSD and put my existing X in as the trade. It automatically recognized that I had FSD and FUSC to transfer. Once I got their trade offer, I rejected it (Carmax offered $9k more) and it popped up the option to confirm that I still wanted FSD and FUSC transferred without actually trading the vehicle.
Can you confirm where and when you saw FSD on the new vehicle? Was it on the purchase agreement or order? Looking to make sure it is covered by insurance going forward.

Can you confirm where and when you saw FSD on the new vehicle? Was it on the purchase agreement or order? Looking to make sure it is covered by insurance going forward.
I transferred FSD from my M3 to a MYP today. The app automatically offered to do the transfer. There was no reference to it on the paperwork, but I received an email on the drive home confirming the transfer had taken place, and I confirmed on my car that it was indeed active.

I transferred FSD from my M3 to a MYP today. The app automatically offered to do the transfer. There was no reference to it on the paperwork, but I received an email on the drive home confirming the transfer had taken place, and I confirmed on my car that it was indeed active.
Same for me. Did it last week when I purchased and picked up my car. The FSD was installed when I picked up my car. Great experience. Just had to tell them to do the transfer in the app while doing all the other pre-delivery stuff.