Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Transfer and NJ’s Charge Up Incentive

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

PoitNarf

My dog's breath smells like dog food
Jun 7, 2016
NJ
I’ve got a 2018 Model 3 LR with FSD and I’m considering getting a Model Y to take advantage of the FSD transfer deal. I’m in NJ and the state recently restarted their “Charge Up” incentive program which gives you a $1,500 rebate for vehicles with an MSRP between $45K and $55K. This is where I’m seeing a potential problem.

To do the FSD transfer you need to add FSD to the car when ordering and then Tesla will credit you back the cost of FSD for the transfer. Adding FSD to the Y configuration I’m considering increases the price to $66K. So does that make you lose out on the NJ Charge Up incentive since the MSRP is above $55K? Or does only the final price after the FSD transfer credit is applied matter in this case?

I’ve got a 2018 Model 3 LR with FSD and I’m considering getting a Model Y to take advantage of the FSD transfer deal. I’m in NJ and the state recently restarted their “Charge Up” incentive program which gives you a $1,500 rebate for vehicles with an MSRP between $45K and $55K. This is where I’m seeing a potential problem.

To do the FSD transfer you need to add FSD to the car when ordering and then Tesla will credit you back the cost of FSD for the transfer. Adding FSD to the Y configuration I’m considering increases the price to $66K. So does that make you lose out on the NJ Charge Up incentive since the MSRP is above $55K? Or does only the final price after the FSD transfer credit is applied matter in this case?
I think they will adjust your invoice. I have a similar issue but for me since I am ordering MYP with blue color I will still cross the 55k mark. I wonder that color is now costing me 2.5k.

I am starting the process to buy a MY here in NJ and went to test drive one yesterday and asked a bunch of questions. According to them, the FSD is credited at the final paperwork and shows as 0 or something on the final paperwork MSRP. Not sure what this means to the state of NJ and this incentive. But it will show the final price below $55k. Also, don't forget the $500 loyalty credit and it seems best to do this order via the app with your account and make sure the its tied into the email that you purchased the car under. Ask at showroom to double check. They also asked me if I bought FSD at the original transaction or added it later. Which I did, they seem to say it's an issue if you added it after the fact.

How did you make out. Did you get the $1500 rebate and transfer FSD?

A representative from Tesla will text you and modify your order removing FSD line. Final invoice won't show FSD, just AP. The software transfers after you accept delivery within 24 hours.