Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trim cover for emergency Frunk access

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just noticed that my CPO does not have that little door that covers the emergency frunk access latches. Does anybody know what it is called or have the part number so I can get it ordered? Thanks!.... never mind found out that it is called the tow hook cover =).

Last edited:
I just noticed that my CPO does not have that little door that covers the emergency frunk access latches. Does anybody know what it is called or have the part number so I can get it ordered? Thanks!.... never mind found out that it is called the tow hook cover =).
Mine fell off at some point. I added it to a mobile service call and I think it was around $30. Made me wish I had a 3D printer.

I’m missing one too! Also CPO

Unless you both bought them in 2017,I believe, the Tesla used vehicles are sold as is. They are not certified in any way, and, in some cases, aren't even checked to ensure proper functionalities are present.

They only need to provide a key and tires that aren't bald.

Did you inspect the vehicle before delivery or pickup?

I'm sure Tesla may give them to you, but, they aren't obligated to. Just like if you're missing the sunshade for the panoramic window, or the key for the hitch, or even a second key for the vehicle.

Unless you both bought them in 2017,I believe, the Tesla used vehicles are sold as is. They are not certified in any way, and, in some cases, aren't even checked to ensure proper functionalities are present.

They only need to provide a key and tires that aren't bald.

Did you inspect the vehicle before delivery or pickup?

I'm sure Tesla may give them to you, but, they aren't obligated to. Just like if you're missing the sunshade for the panoramic window, or the key for the hitch, or even a second key for the vehicle.
I did inspect the car and noticed the missing tow hook cover but thought it was a simple replacement. To Tesla's credit, they actually sent over a mobile tech free of charge to provide me the cover. The issue now is that the cover wasn't able to be installed due to some damage on the front bumper that was not noticeable.

Does anybody have any experience with how Tesla handles these repairs? I understand it is caveat emptor but in this case if the damage isn't noticeable to the untrained eye (it took the tech multiple calls and over an hour to diagnose the issue) can the buyer really be blamed? Attached is a picture from the original listing.

Attachments

• tes.jpg
    tes.jpg
    199.6 KB · Views: 87
I did inspect the car and noticed the missing tow hook cover but thought it was a simple replacement. To Tesla's credit, they actually sent over a mobile tech free of charge to provide me the cover. The issue now is that the cover wasn't able to be installed due to some damage on the front bumper that was not noticeable.

Does anybody have any experience with how Tesla handles these repairs? I understand it is caveat emptor but in this case if the damage isn't noticeable to the untrained eye (it took the tech multiple calls and over an hour to diagnose the issue) can the buyer really be blamed? Attached is a picture from the original listing.

It's a toss up - even a new Tesla goes through the same fights with Tesla service.. Things that should be covered under warranty aren't, or, are being written up as "Goodwill" to get by Lemon Laws... You'll probably have to put up a fight with the service center, and may end up in the back and forth: "You bought it as-is and should have inspected it," with your response "You failed to report damage to the vehicle in the listing." But, they will come back with the "how do we know you didn't cause it?"

You can keep opening up service requests to have the cover installed, or, take it down to a service center instead and see what happens there when they try?