Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trip from NYC to Palm Beach county, Fl

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Jersey,

I have not heard anything that would indicate that any are closed...

If you have the "new" 2020.12.5 software, it is supposed to tell you how
many chargers are "out of service" at a location you may wish to visit...

With the old software on my way south I tangled with the Port St Lucie Supercharger...
It was a "high usage" charger, so it limited you to 80% charge...
That was not too bad but it had several broken and a repair man there while we were...

Good Luck - Drive Carefully!!!

Shawn

• Love
Reactions: jerseygirl18
Hi Jersey,

I have not heard anything that would indicate that any are closed...

If you have the "new" 2020.12.5 software, it is supposed to tell you how
many chargers are "out of service" at a location you may wish to visit...

With the old software on my way south I tangled with the Port St Lucie Supercharger...
It was a "high usage" charger, so it limited you to 80% charge...
That was not too bad but it had several broken and a repair man there while we were...

Good Luck - Drive Carefully!!!

Shawn
Thanks! hope you are staying comfy in the SAH mode we are in. We will not be driving back so fast Chicago is freezing
I'm really looking for info about truck stops that are open on I95 up to NYC...I don't want to go off the road if I can help it
For any needed stops
Stay In & Stay Safe

hey Shawn I know you are very knowledgeable..so I am short circuiting the normal route and asking you this ?
I formatted a USB for the TeslaCam dash cam...I went thru all the proper formatting & while it is present on the USB screen...I have no Red Dot or icon saying it is working...it is formatted to MS-DOS (FAT32) it's a 62.9 GB drive...And the folder is labeled TeslaCam
Can you offer any suggestions to getting it up on the car screen? Thanx in Advance

Hi Jersey,

What software are you on???
Current is 2020.12.5 - This actually has the TeslaCam Viewer...
Has TeslaCam ever worked for you?
Is the TeslaCam folder in the root (highest level) directory in the USB drive???
Or is it in a sub-folder like "not music"???

If it used to work and now does not work, I would suggest reformatting the drive
which erases all content and having only the TeslaCam folder in it...
Others have been successful with music but I do not recommend that when it will not work for you.

Only other suggestion is to make sure it is located in the USB on the front of the console.
Not in the back(seat area) of the console and try the left slot closest to you as the driver...

Good luck - Let me know,

Shawn

PS - The car must be "On" for the TeslaCam to work.
That means USB powered on - A good test to make sure it is on
is to turn on Sentry... (At least for a test.)

Hi Jersey,

What software are you on???
Current is 2020.12.5 - This actually has the TeslaCam Viewer...
Has TeslaCam ever worked for you?
Is the TeslaCam folder in the root (highest level) directory in the USB drive???
Or is it in a sub-folder like "not music"???

If it used to work and now does not work, I would suggest reformatting the drive
which erases all content and having only the TeslaCam folder in it...
Others have been successful with music but I do not recommend that when it will not work for you.

Only other suggestion is to make sure it is located in the USB on the front of the console.
Not in the back(seat area) of the console and try the left slot closest to you as the driver...

Good luck - Let me know,

Shawn

PS - The car must be "On" for the TeslaCam to work.
That means USB powered on - A good test to make sure it is on
is to turn on Sentry... (At least for a test.)
Thanks for your reply! I made an Appt with service & I thought that would be the magic dust I needed...and it was they were very responsive, I actually had a bad thumb drive. I found one I purchased from TrueTesla (or something like that) already formatted..after a few tries..VIOLA!! But it was comforting to know they responded despite an Appt in 10 days & tried to help!! I am on 2020.12.5

More importantly than SC stops - is there an update on the FL border closing? Last I heard no incoming traffic was allowed for non-residents.

They are required to "self-quarantine" for 14 days, but it is not strictly enforced at the border. More like random checks.

Just wondering if anyone has made the trip either way since the beginning of April.
Have to get there and just wondering how to tell which/if charging stations still opened etc
Thanx in Advance for any pertinent info

I didn't go to Florida, but did a similar trip. Superchargers are considered "essential services" like gas stations.

There is a possibility, if the host of the supercharger (ex. a mall) is closed, the access may be blocked. I encountered only one such restricted garage and it was open and free for supercharging. All the others were gas stations, hotels, strip malls.

There was a thread about this and it only got 1-3 SC stations listed, all out west.

In most of the country, there are enough superchargers that you aren't in danger of getting stranded. If there is a section with only 1 supercharger, probably they won't allow it to be restricted.

Last edited:
They are required to "self-quarantine" for 14 days, but it is not strictly enforced at the border. More like random checks.

I didn't go to Florida, but did a similar trip. Superchargers are considered "essential services" like gas stations.

There is a possibility, if the host of the supercharger (ex. a mall) is closed, the access may be blocked. I encountered only one such restricted garage and it was open and free for supercharging. All the others were gas stations, hotels, strip malls.

There was a thread about this and it only got 1-3 SC stations listed, all out west.

In most of the country, there are enough superchargers that you aren't in danger of getting stranded. If there is a section with only 1 supercharger, probably they won't allow it to be restricted.
thanks so much for your response!!

Reactions: user212_nr