Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

True Cost of EV Ownership - According to Texas Public Policy Foundation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Brought to you by 92% Made Up On The Spot Statistics, Inc (a division of Fossil Fuel FUD Unlimited)!

I did better report writing and fact checking in my third grade masterpiece, "The Moon is Not Made of Cheese".

Seems to me we need more of these "reports" stacking up all the social, health, and environmental costs of fossil carbon fuels. Pretty sure we'd be way way way way way over $17/gallon, especially now that we know how bad methane leak rates really are.

Its not a report/study its an op-ed, phrases like "dreamers in congress" and "EV apologists" should be a tip off to how seriously you can take this. Its figures are extrapolations of assumptions of distributed and socialized costs inherited through the population over a decade and then averaged per EV and yada yada, ie "we used a lot of words to justify a made up number people can start quoting on social media as a new talking point, add it to the lithium vs oil refinery meme and the materials to create one battery is worse for the environment than x amount of ice vehicles blah blah blah."

Reactions: fhteagle